Get ready for your next appointment at Northeast Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Prior to conducting venom testing, you will meet with the doctor so we can gather the proper information. After your initial visit, we will schedule a follow-up appointment to complete the testing. This will allow us to get the proper information in advance of your actual testing appointment. Here is everything you need to know to prepare for your upcoming appointment:
Before your appointment:
- Stop all antihistamines one week before your appointment. Click here for a list of all medications that need to be stopped!
- Antihistamines and decongestants can interfere with testing by blocking the allergic response. In order for us to give you accurate test results, please stop all prescription and over the counter antihistamines and decongestants prior to your appointment.
- Please notify our staff if you have been stung within 2 weeks of your upcoming venom testing appointment.
- Please allow at least 2 hours for this appointment
Day of appointment:
- If possible, please wear a short sleeved shirt or low-backed tank top for easier access during testing.
Please eat before your appointment.
- Bring your epinephrine auto-injector (epi-pen) with you, as we will review use and storage.