Venom Testing Appointment
To set up a venom testing appointment, you will meet with the doctor first and a testing appointment will be arranged on a date that is convenient for you. This will allow us to get the proper information in advance of your actual testing appointment. When you do come for testing, please follow the below guidelines prior to your visit:
- Click here for a list of medications that need to be stopped!
- Please stop all antihistamines and decongestants before this appointment.
- Please allow at least 2 hours for this appointment; bringing a game or a book for a child is helpful.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt to make testing easier.
- Please eat before your appointment.
- Please notify our staff if you have been stung within 2 weeks of your upcoming venom testing appointment.
- Bring your epinephrine auto-injector (epi-pen) with you, as we will review use and storage.